Thursday, December 30, 2010

New Thing to Add to the List of Stuff I Can't Draw!

I had sent a guest comic over to http://eqcomics.com/

Later on, he had stated that late submissions would be accepted, provided they came with a picture of a giraffe riding a skateboard.  ...Well, my submission was on time but, I figured "what the Hell?" and tried to draw a giraffe.  I included this email: 

"Hello again.  I realize that my submission was not late, but upon seeing the bit about "giraffe riding a skateboard", I decided to give that concept a shot for fun.  (Also, I have WAY too much time on my hands.)  ...Unfortunately for everyone involved, it did not occur to me that I had NO idea how to draw a giraffe, until I had already created the atrocity you will see in the attached picture.  Then, after the fact, I looked up what I giraffe actually looks like.  ...That's where that second, floating head comes from.  I don't know about the leg.  The leg came later. 
"Pushing myself to draw new things" really works much better when I have a sense of what I'm doing first.  Oh well. 

-Rowyn"


No comments:

Post a Comment