Wednesday, January 4, 2012

As It Turns Out, I'm Actually Not Terribly Friendly

To start, the "art" for this one was "scanned" using my phone.  I'm still visiting my homeland, so I've made do, in order to bring my thousands of fans (read: about six) this blog.

So, here goes.

I've been noticing more and more that I am a pretty angry/bitter woman.  This comes up mostly when interacting with total strangers, unless it's in a more planned setting.  If I'm at work, for example, this is not a problem.

If I'm in a hallway at school, it's not really an issue.

If I'm at someone else's job, and I'm the costumer, I am pleasant as can be.

...If I am in an airport, or a mall, or in a theater... whatever, and someone treats me in a way that I deem unfair... I am a monstrous beast of a person.

We'll stick to the airport, as this is a prime example of how I am a crazy, anti social loon.

I get upset if no one helps me when I'm struggling, even if I don't ask...



AND if someone tries to help without my asking.

I assume they either wouldn't help someone who was on fire, or they must think that I'm completely useless as a human being... depending on the situation.  No one can win.


Likewise, well meaning people who are jovial and joke can expect to be met with a harsh version of my usual pleasant (enough) self.  A simple "good job" from a stranger, no matter how obviously sincere, leaves me thinking they are being condescending.


...In all fairness, this was spawned from years of people assuming I was a lot younger than I really am.  If something would be an appropriate thing to say to a small child, it is generally a pretty rude thing to say to an adult.

On top of this, when an older man ignores me, or just does not immediately speak to me, I assume he has something against women.  The worst part about this is that I'm often right.



Nice men don't realize how often this still happens, in this day and age.

Either way, mostly, I keep my mouth shut, aside from some after the fact "I should have said", or internet ranting.

The only time this differs is in a movie theater.

Disturb my viewing experience and you'll get a disturbing experience of your own.  I've slammed back against stepped on and rocked seats.  I've loudly proclaimed the maiming that would occur if a certain person didn't shut up... Any anger management issues tend to show themselves during movies, and it's never at the film itself.

I've made grown men (read: teenagers) tremble from the awesome power of my getting pissed off during a film.  Other than that though, I let things slide.

In fact, I tend to let things slide a bit too often when I shouldn't.  I bottle in bizarre ways.  That though, will be a topic of another blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment